When it comes to gifts for Dad, the average expenditure is projected to be $88.80, compared to $122.16 spent this year on Mother's Day gifts.
Almost 69 percent of consumers are expected to purchase at least a Father's Day greeting card.
Other gift ideas for Dad this year are:
- Special meals or outings 38.1 percent
- Clothing 32 percent
- Gift certificates 27 percent
- Books or CDs 22.3 percent
- Electronics or computer-related accessories 15 percent
- Tools or appliances 11.2 percent
- Home improvement or gardening tools 10.9 percent
- Sporting goods or leisure items 9.1 percent
Do not fall into the "Well, we know he will use these" trap. Raise your right and and repeat after me: "We promise NOT to give dad underwear, socks or ties this year."
Tags: Father's Day, retail expenditures, top gifts, no undewear, socks or ties this year