Search Innovation Spotlight, by Bob Heyma, Chief Search Officer at Mediasmith (Friday 22, 2006) is helpful to advertisers looking to focus their marketing efforts in a smaller sphere. Mr. Heyma writes of the expansion of local search and the opportunity this provides to advertisers to reach the buyers in your neighborhood.
- LocalLaunch, SEO/SEM firm has been acquired by RH Donnelly, the third largest U.S. yellow pages publisher.
- Yelp from the San Francisco Bay Area has established a presence in New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle markets.
- Angie's List, using a Consumer Reports type format and business model, began in the Southeast about ten years ago.
- Yokel, which competes with NearbyNow, ShopLocal, Become, CNET and Froogle in the local shopping sector has expanded into the San Francisco Bay area.
- Backfence launched service for cities in Maryland and Virginia and the Silicon Valley.
- DexOnline, owned by RH Donnelly, in i14-state region. Generated 2x searches as the next closest competitor.
If you know of a local search in your area, please leave a comment and a link.
Tags: Search Engine Spotlight, local search
Post a Comment