Of the nearly 1,000 moms surveyed
- 89 percent use the Internet at least twice a day
- 90 percent have been using it for more than seven years.
- 86 percent of respondents said search engines are the most efficient way to find information.
From the article:
The data illustrates heavy search engine usage in support of online purchases, offline purchases, coordinating travel and many other planning activities among moms.
- 70% use search engines to gather information before making any online purchase.
- 57 percent use search engines to gather information before making any offline purchase.
- 64% use search engines to find out where to purchase products offline.
- With regard to purchases made in the eight product categories under study, 92% of respondents say search engines were helpful in providing valuable information prior to purchasing, and 79% say the same for the offline purchases they made.