11 September 2007

On Top of Grouse Mountain . . .

Several years ago, my son and I went to Vancouver for Christmas. I wanted him to experience a white Christmas and there is no place in Texas, except maybe Amarillo (at times) where that is possible.

On Christmas day we took a trip to Grouse Mountain. You ride a cable car to the top of the mountain, and the view is stunning. When we left the ground, it was cold and breezy, and snowing just a bit. By the time we reached the top, it was 30 degrees, sleeting and I could not see three feet in front of my eyes.

We had a white-out blizzard Christmas on the top of Grouse Mountain. That is as cold as I have ever been in my life. I was wearing thermal underwear, glove liners, sock liners, thermal socks, boots, about three layers of clothes, a hat, a scarf, ear muffs, you name it. What I would have given for a North Face jacket! I have never experienced having my glasses frozen to my face, but that happened, too. I was so happy to get down off that mountain.

If you have need of a serious winter jacket, visit MooseJaw.com, sponsor of this post. If you ever go to Vancouver, check the weather report before you journey to Grouse Mountain. LOL


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails