DarfurThe Save Darfur Coalition’s Darfur from Day One Campaign has joined Genocide Prevention Month (April) by hosting a series of events about Darfur throughout April.
- Since 2003, more than 300,000 innocent civilians in the Darfur region of Western Sudan have been killed.
- 2.5 million people now live in camps for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Sudan or in refugee camps in neighboring Chad and the Central African Republic.
- Millions of people rely on international aid for survival.
- In July 2007, the United Nations authorized a peacekeeping force, but the Sudanese government restricts access.
- Add your voice to the call for immediate action in Darfur: send a postcard to President Obama.
- Find a Save Darfur event near you during April 2009, Genocide Prevention Month.