11 February 2008

Yahoo! to MSN: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Ad Age says the deal is dead. I am not so sure . . .

Yahoo Rejects Microsoft's Offer - Advertising Age - Digital

A statement from Yahoo's board of directors today said the bid
. . . substantially undervalues Yahoo including our global brand, large worldwide audience, significant recent investments in advertising platforms and future growth prospects, free cash flow and earnings potential, as well as our substantial unconsolidated investments.
Does that sound like "no" to you? To me, it sounds like, "bring back an offer worth our brand, audience, advertising platforms, cash flow and earnings potential, etc."

In other words, R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I believe we will be seeing more of this merger. For more information, please see related post. I am looking forward to more names being generated for the new search engine, AdAge added Microhoo. What would be yours?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree. I don't think Yahoo really have too much of a choice.

Personally I think the merger would be a good thing for search and advertising.

As for a name I would go for Yicrosoft and the Yahoo directory would look something like this.

Anonymous said...

I dont like the idea of MSN taking over Yahoo, although I really dont like either company when it comes to their search engines, both really do suck when compared to Google.

Anonymous said...

i think the deal is off,

44 billion to take over is rubbish

how many years do you expect to make back the money?

Related Posts with Thumbnails