20 September 2008

Blog Your Blessing : Rain


May the blessing of the rain be on you—
the soft sweet rain.
May it fall upon your spirit
so that all the little flowers may spring up,
and shed their sweetness on the air.
May the blessing of the great rains be on you,
may they beat upon your spirit
and wash it fair and clean,
and leave there many a shining pool
where the blue of heaven shines,
and sometimes a star.



When the rain is washing our homes out to sea or down the river, it is hard to remember the muted sound of the rain on a metal roof, or the the plinking the rain drops make as they fall into the rain barrel. For every rain drop that falls to harm us, a million more fall to make this planet Earth the green orb that it is.

My prayers go out to the thousands who lost their homes on Galveston and Boliver Pennisula during Hurricane Ike. I would like to bless the people who lost their jobs as well as their homes on Galveston. If you lost a loved one, you have my deepest sympathies. Angels all around Galveston Island tonight.

The Blue Panther Experience is host for Blog Your Blessings Sunday. Visit the blog, grab the blogroll code, add it to your blog, and leave a comment on Blue Panther Experience. Next Sunday, post your blessing. We are of all faiths, creeds and races, so everyone is welcome. Join us on Sunday as we blog our blessings.





10 comments:

PERBS said...

I know rain can be a blessing but I prefer to have that blessing when I am sleeping. Now snow . . . that is something else since I love it. Actually, I appreciate the good rain does. But it is not fun to have to walk in unless you choose to do so.

Whatever said...

Your poem reminds me of the Northeast, where sometimes a warm front would cause things to become overcast and rainy for a whole week. I sometimes miss walking in the rain to get to wherever I was going. Not really feeling good, not feeling bad, just a rainy afternoon.

Anonymous said...

::Angels all around Galveston Island tonight.::

May it be so
May it be so

Blue Panther said...

Hey! I hope you are doing good.

Rains are a great blessing indeed...but this year our little town has had a little too much of rain. :o) !!!

SandyCarlson said...

Wonderfully said, CyberCelt. And so true. When the weather is extreme, it's hard to remember how beautiful it is in smaller doses. My prayers are with you for those who have suffered loss from Ike. May they--and we--keep heart together.

Anonymous said...

I really like this poem.

Anonymous said...

I am not very religious, neither do I visit prayer halls or temples frequently. Strangely, I can feel the presence of God when I am with the nature.

Anonymous said...

M sorry for all of them, who had faced the bad time. Guys bad days will go, n bright days will come soon. I know its very easy to say. But i believe in it.
By the way the poem was nice. I have never been to that island but it looks beautiful in the pic.

CyberCelt said...

@perbs-so true.

@whatever-I love the rain. We see is so seldom in central Texas.

@mama kelly-We are rich compared to those people who lost everything in an afternoon.

@neo-Keep your feet dry.

@sandy-I do not know if "smaller doses" is a concept in Texas. It is more like drought or flood.

@solar-thanks

@soham-It is the only time I feel it.

jazhmel said...

Rain is good but not all the times. Yes, it can give us life, because it can water the plants around us. However, it can also take life, when it turns to a typhoon or storm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails