11 April 2008

Someone is Using Metatags?!?

Interesting read on Technology & Marketing Law Blog about trademarks being used in metatags. The 11th Circuit Court upheld a district court ruling that the use of competitive trademarks in metatags constituted trademark infringement.

Technology & Marketing Law Blog: 11th Circuit Freaks Out About Metatags--North American Medical v. Axiom

From the article:
  • Axiom included competitive trademarks in the metatags
  • Axiom appeared as the second organic search result in Google for the trademarked terms (following the plaintiff, which was #1 in the search results)
  • The trademarked terms appeared in the search results descriptions

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi... I am inviting you to join my blog contest. I am giving away $ 10 each for the two winners. Click here for more information. Hope you will join.

The Success said...

Dear Friend,
I have to tell you now i am using new blog with the same widget, different address only. My old blog has been removed by google because of someone hack and add malware in my old blog. So, I hope from today everything will be oke.
Any way you have a nice blog and I like your content :)
Success for you

The Aries

Susan Demeter said...

Interesting! I did not even think companies were doing that. It is rather clever if you think about it though :)

Anonymous said...

Nice link! A very interesting article with a lot of useful info! :-)

rgds,
Trond

Related Posts with Thumbnails