20 May 2008

A Place for Thoughts

I am always on the lookout for blog communities. Last year, I set up a blog on Thoughts.com when it opened. I use the Thoughts.com blog to link back to articles on my blogs that I feel are important so that more people are drawn into the discussion.

The blogging format at Thoughts.com is fully featured. You may change the color scheme of your blog, upload photographs, podcasts and videos, write blog entries and add links. This would be a great place for a personal blog, but I do not think bloggers could add advertisements.

Lately, I have noticed that the forum at Thoughts.com has grown larger and more active. The Thoughts forum has standard forum fare such as Important Announcements, General Discussion, Current News and Entertainment. Then, there are some forums that are unusual, like Life Requests, which includes the forums for goodwill and wishes, and prayer and healing requests. I love communities that include a place to share and ask for spiritual help.

Lifestyle covers the topics of beauty, fitness, heath & nutrition. Politics ranges from the 2008 Presidential Election and USA Politics, to UK Politics and World Politics. Religion & Beliefs all the big players are there: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism and Spirituality. Writing includes Creative Writing, Fun with Words and Humor. This particular forum is a great place for writers to play games and stump each other with words.

So if you are looking for a place to blog and interact with others, take a look at Thoughts.com.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi there,
I am Shinade AKA Jackie. I am dropping in to apologize.

I am completely new to EC. And I had no clue how to find all of us Red Drops.

Thanks to Marzie's generous help this somewhat numb blond has finally figured it out.

So I am trying to make my way down the list and get everyone added.

Whewwwwww....it's taking a while. Especially now because I am blogging from the road.

I am travelleing across coun try with my hubby in our rig to visit our new grandson.

Once again please forgive me for not dropping by sooner. Hopefully I will get better at this!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone. I absolutely adore Marzie!!:-)

Anonymous said...

I really loved this post and am glad that I read it because like you I love to find new blog sites and places to find where people are expressing themselves through blogs. I also believe that it is very healthy to do a blog if you are honest in what you write about. Where as reading this I can tell right away that you are a dedicated blogger and you write what you feel which is great to know that there are people out there in this world that still like to write and write truthfully. I am the same way and I love to blog myself because it is very theraputic for me and I write what I feel especially in my own web site that I have. You should check it out because like you I think we both have a lot in common which is we both like to blog and blog the truth and that is what makes a good writer. So good work on your posts and keep up the dedication because like you I think it will pay off for us in the long run. So I will keep coming back to read more of your stuff because I can really relate to you and what you say. So Great Work and Great Posts keep up the good work...
Thanks,
Ryan

Anonymous said...

interesting -- will check out the site.

Anonymous said...

I lookout for blog communities too cause I like communities.I believe communities can make something great.

Gasent said...

I had never heard of Thoughts.com before reading this, but I find any place that can freely talk about money, life, faith and religion in the same place while bringing in many people to join the conversation without animosity is TRULY successful.

Success IS yours, AND MINES!

Anonymous said...

I also believe that it is very healthy to do a blog if you are honest in what you write about. Where as reading this I can tell right away that you are a dedicated blogger and you write what you feel which is great to know that there are people out there in this world that still like to write and write truthfully.

Anonymous said...

Even i also totally agree that there should be more blog sites as we many have people from all the places in world who don't know whom to contact for some information and updated information may not be available in books so getting in touch with the people will solve there problems. Personally i am very intrested in being in touch with blog sites as may as possible.

CyberCelt said...

@shinade-I guess that is one of the downsides to having a private blog. You must tell me why you have one.

@ryan-Thanks for your thoughtful comment. I followed you back to your blog and left a comment for you.

@krank-I wish I read your language.

@mental-Did you ever run a GPTR?

@kristian-I wish I read your language as well.

@luca-Thanks for visiting.

coreyandrew said...

hey guys you are talking about faith, as i got a book from southasiabooks.com store and after reading enough that books i known that faith have powerful thing if you have strong faith would never be disappointed in the life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails