30 September 2008

Chris Brohan : Blogging at the Next Level

A recent article by Chris Brogan discussed How To Take Your Blog to the Next Level. Since most of my readers do not read, LOL, I thought i would summarize it. If you wish to read the entire article, please visit http://www.marketingprofs.com.

Define Your Market and Target Audience. If your blog is to be your business, build every bit of knowledge base abount visiters, commenterst into stats. Know your audience. Start delivering something unique.

Think in terms of form and function. Here, Brogan's advice ranges from choosing graphics with visual appeal to configuring your layout for search engine optimization.

Make your content top notch. Among other points, he gives tips for writing quality posts, and stresses the importance of periodically reviewing your archive to avoid redundancy.

Promote your blog. Adding your URL to an email signature or at your social network profiles is just one of Brogan's suggestions for drumming up interest.

Build business from your blog. According to Brogan, it's perfectly okay to ask for a sale. "Be direct and honest about this," he says. He then shows you how it's done.

Make your blog an authoritative online destination, Bring them and they shall stay.



Personal Note: I have been very ill for the last 6 weeks and I seem to be on doing better now. If you stop by and my blogs have not been updated, it is because I am ill. So, leave me a note, send me an ecard, leave a prayer, draw an amulet, whatever. I need help shaking this disease.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great with some more exposure for Chris ideas. I have been following him for a while and it is always good stuf.

Peter

Anonymous said...

very nice post:) quite helpfull

CyberCelt said...

@hemmelig-I just discovered Chris. He writes very well.

@aman-You are welcome.

Anonymous said...

very educative post, thanks for the info

CyberCelt said...

@Kevin-I visited your blog. Are you ramping up for Christmas?

Related Posts with Thumbnails