Search Engine Optimization (SEO) reports in Google Analytics are now available. The reports are based on data from search queries that we found in Webmaster Tools.These reports are available in the Traffic Sources section of Google Analytics:
- Queries: impressions, clicks, position, and CTR info for the top 1,000 daily queries
- Landing Pages: impressions, clicks, position, and CTR info for the top 1,000 daily landing pages
- Geographical Summary: impressions, clicks, and CTR by country
Google Analytics Premium
Google has also released a for-fee Google Analytics Premium for large clients. Below is a summary of what the premium version offers:
- Extra processing power - increased data collection, more custom variables and downloadable, unsampled reports
- Advanced analysis - attribution modeling tools that allow you to test different models for assigning credit to conversions
- Service and support - experts to guide customized installation, and dedicated account management on call - all backed by 24/7 support
- Guarantees - service level agreements for data collection, processing and reporting
Google Webmaster Tools
To enable these SEO reports for your blog or website, you must be a verified Webmaster Tools site owner and a Google Analytics administrator for your site. Once enabled, administrators can choose which profiles can see these reports.
While having the information on search queries in Google Analytics is important, you will still need to use the Webmaster Tools for information on inbound links, subscriber stats, and Googlebot crawler reports.
For more information, please see Webmaster Tools on your dashboard.