31 October 2011

Which is Your Watch?

Do you use a watch or your cell phone to get the time? I use a watch; my husband uses his cell phone. I happen to like watches. A watch was the first gadget I disassembled as a child. I think I was six; I did not get another watch until I was a teenager.

Usually, I buy a watch in the jewelry department of a discount store. The watches last about three months before the battery dies. If I want a laugh, I take that watch back to the discount store and ask for the replacement battery. The salesperson looks at me, dumbfounded, "you want to replace the battery in your $10 watch?" I quit doing this, as it is cruel.

So my stopped watches lie abandoned. As an eco-minded consumer, a drawer full of broken watches bothers me. I have heard that there are ladies watches that do not require batteries. So, I decided to do some research and see if I could find the watch for the rest of my life.

I found bluedial.com and spent an hour looking at watches and reading about different drives: quartz, atomic, automatic, hand-winding, kinetic, solar and eco-drive. Then I saw the skeleton display and I was six years old again. These watches show the movements on the face and back of case.


This will be the first watch in my life that I picked out because I wanted it and not because it was under $20. Now, I just have to convince my husband that this is an ideal gift for me this Christmas.

If you are looking for the perfect gift for a special someone this holiday, take a look at bluedial.com. They have 1000s of watches, many payment options, manufacturer warranty and free two-day shipping.

1 comment:

amor said...

The site was so nice, I found out about a lot of great things. I like the way you make your blog posts. bankruptcy lawyer

Related Posts with Thumbnails