Expenditures for Saint Patrick's Day are expected to top $3.75 billion.
The average consumer is expected to spend $34.89 celebrating, up from$27.94 in 2006.
How do we celebrate Saint Patrick's Day?
- 82.6 percent celebrate is simply by wearing green
- 33.9 percent prefer a quiet evening at home, staying in to make a special dinner
- 30.5 percent of consumers stated they planned to celebrate St. Patrick's Day by attending a party at their favorite restaurant or bar
- 22.2 percent will decorate their home or office
- 17.0 percent of consumers will attend a private party
Young adults intend to spend the most on St. Patrick’s Day this year, with the average 18-24 year old planning to dish out $40.12. Second to young adults are the 25-34 year olds who will spend $39.04, followed by the 35-44 year old age group at $36.56.
Tags: BIGresearch, National Retail Federation, Saint Patricks Day