Memorial Day honors service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle.
- visit cemeteries and war memorials and place flags or flowers
- attend Memorial Day parades or your local VFW hall
- fly the US flag at half-staff until noon
- add the POW/MIA flag to your flagpole
- submit a eulogy
- participate in National Moment of Remembrance at 3 PM (local time)
- view the National Memorial Day Concert
- talk to your children about a family member who died so that we may live in freedom
As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I've served my time in hell.
Mark Anthony Gresswell
Am Touched!! well, i dunno exactly about this but seems that everyone should celeberate this day as a tribute for those soliders who worth it.!!
This is a special day when the Americans memorise the bravery of there soldiers. they do so by various ways. they light candles. host the flag etc.
@andris-As there will always be war, we should respect our warriors. I have been to Arlington National Cemetery (pictured in post). Seeing all those graves is like being hit in the stomach. It affected me more than the Wall in Washington with all the names of the soldiers killed in Viet Nam.
@luca-Thanks for visiting. Does Italy have a day when you remember the fallen?
Post a Comment