Memorial Day honors service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle.
- visit cemeteries and war memorials and place flags or flowers
- attend Memorial Day parades or your local VFW hall
- fly the US flag at half-staff until noon
- add the POW/MIA flag to your flagpole
- submit a eulogy
- participate in National Moment of Remembrance at 3 PM (local time)
- view the National Memorial Day Concert
- talk to your children about a family member who died so that we may live in freedom
As I approach the gates of heaven;
St. Peter I will tell;
One more soldier reporting sir;
I've served my time in hell.
Mark Anthony Gresswell