09 August 2008

Blog Your Blessing : Perseid Meteor Shower

Photograph Credit: Joe Westerberg

During the dark hours from 2 am to dawn on Tuesday, August 12th, the Perseid Meteor Shower will provide a celestial light show in the Eastern sky.

Beginning the evening of Monday, August 11, before the moon rises, Perseus will rise in the northeast and you may see long, colorful Earthgrazers skip across the sky, harbingers of another celestial event. Next, watch the Southern sky, where Jupiter and the Moon converge in the constellation Sagittarius.

The moon will interfere with Perseid viewing until 2 am on Tuesday morning, when the Moon sets, leaving a dark sky to be painted with Perseids. Soon, the meteor shower will explode into sight, with hundreds of meteors per hour seen in areas away from city lights.



The Blue Panther Experience is host for Blog Your Blessings Sunday. Visit the blog, grab the blogroll code, add it to your blog, and leave a comment on Blue Panther Experience. Next Sunday, post your blessing. We are of all faiths, creeds and races, so everyone is welcome. Join us on Sunday as we blog our blessings.

9 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Thanks for the heads up, CyberCelt. I'll keep my eyes open! God bless your week, friend.

Whatever said...

Very, very cool post. I like it because it says something about you, and how you look at the world. Thanks.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

I had forgotten about the Perseid Meteor Shower! (...a sad statement about my ageing memory!) so your blessing is a DOUBLE blessing for me... one of an amazing cosmic light show... and the other to remember to look for it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It is nice picture. something different and cool.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous image and it is an awesome sight to see!!!

Just catching up on my blog reading after making some major changes including domains to all of my blogs :)

CyberCelt said...

@sandy-I hope the skies are clear so we may see this wonder.

@michael-I am currently running a project on this blog and CoolAdzine for Marketers. I am adding your project to my weight loss blog. Thanks for stopping by.

@whatever-Thanks! That is high praise from you.

@matthew-Thanks for stopping by. If I did not blog, I would not remember. I saw my post from LAST year and it jogged my memory.

@karuvai-Thanks for your comment. I hope you see the meteors.

@sue-I stand in awe of you, techno goddess supreme! I moved one blog and I am still recovering. If I start making some money, maybe I can hire you. LOL

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I love the image!

Anonymous said...

I was surprised by the finding too. Thanks for sharing this information. Keep it up.

Paulie said...

I reckon I missed it. Hope it was beautiful sight for you tho! I even missed the full moon tonight because it has been too hot for 4 days of temps over 100.

Related Posts with Thumbnails